The 2009 Parade of Homes stars on Camacho Street in Mueller are sometime’s known as “millionaire’s row” – prices range from a hair under $1m to $1.5m. I took a client to see the Bill Taute home at 4221 Camacho this evening, and here’s what I thought, seeing it away from the dizzying crowds of the Parade.
Things I really liked about the home:
- The views of Lake Park and the Browning Hangar from the living room, front porch and stairway are outstanding.
- The concrete sinks and counters in the master are sleek
- The roof top garden. I didn’t like it the first time I saw it, but it’s grown on me, with the separate studio next to it. And I like the fact that there are several different outdoor living spaces too. Which is no mean feat considering the 5211 sqft lot.
- The 22″ deep aquatic serenity tub in the master. I could use some massaging jets right now
- The cabinet finish in the kitchen is shiny. I like shiny.
- The floorplan is really functional – the master suite is downstairs, with a great entertaining kitchen and living area, and there are two bedrooms and a good sized media room upstairs.
Things I didn’t like about the home:
- The fact that people are surprised that the home hasn’t sold. Okay, so this isn’t the home’s fault really – it’s only been built for three months. Taking a look at single family homes in the $1m – $1.4m range in the City of Austin shows that there are 154 to choose from and only 7 others under contract. That represents few buyers and very many homes to choose from.
- The grass yards. I am really going off grass, especially when there’s a 30 acre park across the street.
Garreth Wilcock is a Realtor ® specializing in homes at Mueller Austin where he lives. Get in touch to find out more about getting free buyer representation – 512 215 4785.