Buying a home at Mueller doesn’t have to be frustrating. With a low inventory resale market and a fragmented new home market, it can be confusing to know what is available now and what is going to be available.
We’ve been Mueller’s favorite real estate team since 2008, and clients say that our in depth knowledge of what’s coming up has really put them at an advantage in purchasing a new or resale home.
There are currently new homes under construction in addition to the resale market. If you’re buying a new home, tell the builders that you’re working with a Realtor to ensure that you can get free Realtor representation from Sherlock Homes Austin during the purchase and possibly construction of your home.
Here are five reasons you should choose a local agent in your Mueller purchase.
Not all available homes are in the Multiple Listing System. Some are pocket listings which may or may not be in the MLS, some are new builds, some custom ones are not yet designed, and some new builds are on a waiting lists for when they become available.
If you’re thinking of buying there are many different homes for sale at Mueller. The choices currently include:
- Custom – homes on larger lots which can be custom built subject to the architectural and environmental requirements of the neighborhood
- Yard – homes with small private yard space
- Garden – zero lot line homes with a narrow private yard space
- Garden Court – homes facing a common green space
- Townhomes – attached housing with small private yards – these are sometimes called row-homes too, and there are varieties called Town Green Row Homes, and Courtyard Row Homes
- Condos – low rise condos (Greenway Lofts) and 4-6 unit buildings (the Mueller House Condominiums)
- Affordable – income qualified housing which will make up 25% of the units when the development is complete. Affordable housing styles include yard homes, row homes, garden homes and condos
One thing to realize that the available real estate is limited and there is a fair amount of demand – there aren’t any other master planned sustainable communities built 3 miles from Downtown Austin set within 140 acres of green space and parks.
Many homes sell in their first week of listing. More homes don’t even make it to listing – they are sold by brokers without the MLS. Single story homes are especially popular – the ones that make it to market typically have multiple offers in a typical market – so in one year there were 7 single story homes on the market and the median time on market was 2 days.
Get in touch if you are considering buying a home at Mueller, or call me at 512 215 4785. If you want to stalk the market, sign up on the right and we’ll let you know what is happening.