There are several new Mueller town houses on the market this week, so here’s a quick comparison of the latest new construction options.
Common Mueller Town House Features
These Section 7 Mueller town houses are known by a number of names, but behind the marketing they all have a great deal in common. David Weekley have their Mueller Market Row Homes for sale, and Streetman Homes have their Tri-plex Row Homes. Streetman have previously built the same row home plans in a four unit building, but this time they have four of the three unit buildings – more end units than interior units. All units are:
- Two story
- Master bedroom upstairs
- 2 or 3 bedrooms
- 2 full bathrooms upstairs, 1 half bathroom downstairs
- Double detached garage with alley access
- Within a block of John Gaines Park (pools, community gardens, shade structures, playgrounds, sports field)
- Small private space between house and garage – Streetman are calling this a courtyard. This is somewhat confusing – this is not their Courtyard Row Home line from Section 6.
How the Town Houses Compare
David Weekley Homes on Vaughan Street – these are set to be ready in August / September 2015 and are built on nominally 22’x90′ lots and the HOA dues are $153 per month
- The Welsh – 1,653 sqft, 2 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, downstairs study, large balcony – from $449,990
- The Brookshire – 1,915 sqft, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, downstairs study, very large master – from $471,891
- The Wrangler – 2,026 sqft, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, downstairs study – from $511,681
Streetman Homes on Zach Scott Street – these are due for move-in from January 2016, and they are built on nominal 22.5’x90′ lots.
- The Berkeley – 1,828 sqft, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom, optional flex room downstairs, balcony – interior unit from $445,990
- The Cambridge I and III – 1,964 sqft, 3 bedroom, 2.5 bathroom, optional flex room downstairs, balcony – exterior unit from $459,990.
As you can see from the pricing above, the list price per square foot ranges from $234 to $272 – a significant difference, with the most expensive homes being due sooner. If you want our take on the reasons why, please contact a Mueller Realtor.
At Sherlock Homes Austin our Realtors have been helping clients buy new Mueller homes since 2007. Call on 512 215 4785 if you want to learn more about our free representation for buyers, or download all of the town house floor plans from the new section (zip file 5.5MB)